Thursday, August 25, 2011

Goodness!

Such a wild week so far. First we had this on Tuesday. Totally unheard of in our neck of the woods. I was working on the 4Th floor of my Hospital. Sitting in the doctors lounge at my computer with 2 of my other co worker buds. All of a sudden I felt really strange. It was like I was sitting in a hammock swinging and weightless at the same time. It intensified then settled then intensified again. Probably lasted 30 seconds tops and by the time it was over we were all in the hall with Pt's, visitors and various staff members asking WTH was that???? My first thought was a terrorist attack. But nope it was an earthquake? Really? A 5.9. It was my first quake experience and hopefully my last. I would say my knees shook for about 30 minutes after it was done. And little Miss? She slept through the whole thing. It was nap time at daycare :) We were lucky and had no damage locally. And now it's Friday and Irene is headed our way. I'm up and can't sleep. It won't be as bad as first thought. She has changed so many times. Looks like a weak category one will be felt around here. And most of the stronger effects won't be felt until tomorrow afternoon - evening. We are sure to lose power at some point so Abby and I will head to my Mom's later tomorrow.



And ending on a more positive note. I leave you with a picture of my sweet girl all dressed up for church :)




2 comments:

Debbie Sauer said...

She is growing too fast!! I bet she keeps you busy, a good busy that is. What a lucky mama you are. Blessings

Lindsay said...

Whoa Abba is getting big! Hope Mother Nature offers you a little peace soon!