Friday, February 24, 2006

Waiting Update

The wait for a referral from China appears to be lengthening. I received an update from my agency yesterday. Presently referrals are being issued in increments of 2 or 3 weeks worth of Log In Dates. They implied that one possible reason for the slowdown may be that there are currently more waiting adopters than available children for adoption. Historically the waiting times for referrals has varied from 6 months up to 18 months. I have no idea how long my wait will be but I know there are presently people who had a Log In date last May and have been told not to expect a referral this month. (They have already been waiting 10 months!) I really feel for them (and all of us!) it really stinks to be that close and yet so far away. I will continue to hang in there though and try to remember that Good Things Come To Those Who Wait.....

No comments: