Thursday, December 27, 2007

Special Angel

Hope every one had a wonderful Christmas. Mine was good. I worked the night shift on Christmas day so am still recovering.

This year we decorated our family tree at my Mom's late. We ended up doing it the Sunday night after my shower. My Mom loves to go all out with her Christmas decorations. She also likes to leave them up until January 6th (Her birthday and also Three Kings Day). As a result of being a blended family that means she has a ton of decorations to display. This year we convinced her not to put them all out because as you all know Mom and Hugh are coming with me to China. Taking them all down requires a lot of time and she wants to leave them up for Abby. That and jet lag did not agree so she grudgingly agreed. Anyways, My brother in law Chris brought out only two boxes of ornaments for the tree this year. The tree angel was not in either box. It worked out well because I actually had purchased an Asian angel for as one of Mom's gifts this year. On Christmas day my brother Pete rigged up some giant chopsticks using plant stakes and was able to get her on the tree top.







Success! And Porsha supervised.





Good job Pete! And a big shout out to Pete and Annita (my sister in law to be). They got engaged on Christmas day :) Shower pictures to come :)






8 comments:

Catherine said...

Merry Christmas!! What a beautiful angel on your mom's tree! I'll keep my eye out for one like this. Your brother's chopsticks to put it up made me snicker.

Glad you had such a great holiday!

Huge congrats to your brother and his fiance! Wahoo...a wedding for Abby to attend.

Counting sleeps with your friend. Abby will soon be in your arms!

Kim said...

Merry Christmas...
Love the angel... I was just looking at that the other day...
Glad you had a WONDERFUL Shower and a Great Christmas...
Getting closer..I am sooo excited for you girly...
Hugs to you

Two Kayaks said...

What a lovely addition to the tree top! So fitting for what is in store for you very soon.

Colleen said...

I love that angel. Think I may get her for next year. (You should too if you haven't already!) What a beautiful tree and congrats to your brother on his engagement.

Hope you are holding it all together with travel so SOON!!! YAY!

fuzzandfuzzlet said...

How bout them COWBOYS !!

lol sorry, I could not help but notice the Romo Jersey !

OziMum said...

What a ginormous tree! I love your angel, she is a sweetie! Cracked me up, the "angel placing" technique!!!

Congrat's to the newly engaged couple! It was a great Christmas indeed!

Brownie Troop 157 said...

Has anyone else noticed the counter to leave to china, lately? She's down to counting on ONE HAND!!!!!!

I'm so excited, and know you're in for a most happy of new years.

Congrats!

Kim said...

5 more days girly...
I KNOW you are EXCITED....
Hugs to you..
Are you ready?