Thursday, August 10, 2006

Wow!

KUDOS to Britain for foiling the latest terrorist plot. It's so sad the world we live in today and the world our children will grow up in..... I have always been a nervous flyer. I will be flying to Hilton Head Island in two weeks for a girls trip. A long weekend gathering that just happens to include my Birthday. There will be at least 10 of us that have all remained close since High school. It will also be the first time we have all been together for a while. Now I'm scared to fly there. I think some major medication may have to be involved if I can get up the nerve to go through with it. Oh and how IRONIC is it that the last time we planed a girls trip (to Atlanta that time) it was almost 5 years ago. You guessed it. September 11th happened a month before we were to go. We canceled that trip.

2 comments:

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

I'm totally feeling proud of my home country for stopping this before it happened. I just can't imagine what it would have been like if it would have gone ahead..it really upsets me.

Anonymous said...

I feel like after something like this happens it really is the safest time to travel because there is so much more security! Although I do believe meds are in order! We flew to Hawaii two weeks after 9/11 and I can promise you everyone on the plane was medicated! Go on your trip and have a great time! Tell everyone I said hello!
Mary Phillips