Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Darn it!

Not one of my better days that's for sure. I'm still trying to hang that D@#* shelf. Today I actually had it hanging on the wall. Then I started putting things on it. You guessed it! The whole thing fell of the friggen wall! I am so irritated right now. The wall of course looks horrible too. Oh and I really don't recommend trying to hang a shelf in the first place when you have PMS.

On the bright side though, at least it fell when Abby was not in the room. Now I am seriously considering getting a handyman.....


UPDATE : I hung the shelf again!


I'm not sure what happened. When I finally cooled down enough to go inspect the damage, the wall hooks were all in place and so were the brackets on the back of the shelf. HMMMMM??? There are a couple of dings on the wall that you can't see in the picture. It will be easy to touch those up though. So it's back up again and loaded up as you can see. Stay tuned to see if it makes it through the night. Luckily nothing up there is breakable.
Then Meema came over with additional hardware for hanging the shelf. I didn't use it yet. I will though if/when the shelf falls down again. Thank you Meema for doing that for me! Especially after I was grouchy with you when telling you that the shelf fell down. I'm sorry. LOVE YA :)

4 comments:

Special K said...

Ooooooo... find a tall, handsome strapping one. And then ask him to hang the shelf with his shirt off. :)

C's Mom said...

Still hangin'? ;0)

Liz and Ava said...

The shelf looks great...and I love the picture under it...I have that on my blog side bar.

kitchu said...

Yeah, projects while under the influence of PMS can be very, very dangerous! Glad you pulled it off though... I would have thrown it out the window. Looks fabulous too!