Friday, June 13, 2008

Jump!

Almost a week since my last post? Sorry. I am way behind with pictures. I will try and do some back tracking in the next couple of days. These pictures are taken at my Mom's. She has a Mom in law sweet that we set up camp in when I have to work. The bed is king sized and great for jumping as Abby demonstrates below. It happens every night after bath time. She gets really frisky and hyper and would jump for hours if we let her. Makes it very challenging to get her PJ's on :) Enjoy! Plus I posted an update at the bottom of this post.











Abby is doing great. In fact she is 19 months old today! Can't believe it!! She is still teething something fierce. I think her molars but she won't let me look back there. She has been drooling quite a bit too and chewing on her fingers or anything she can get to. This makes for a couple wake ups at night lately. Usually if she does it more then twice I bring her into my bed. She loves it especially waking up in there. Unfortunately now at bedtime and often nap time she fusses and points to my room when I tell her it's nap time or bed time. I really wouldn't mind her sleeping with me (I know it's better for attachment) but the problem is she thinks it's party time when ever we attempt to start off nap time or bed time in my bed. She gets all excited and jumps (of course), climbs on me, messes with the cat...you get the picture. So I tell her ni night time and we will have to go back to her crib if she doesn't sleep, that doesn't work so we make the move to her room in the end any way. She does this in the middle of the night as well but I can usually turn over on my side and pretend I'm asleep and she will give in.
In other news, It looks like I have a new job. I have been looking because the 12 hour days are hard on us. Day care continues to be an issue and options are limited due to my late shifts. I interviewed for a care coordinator job at my hospital and the manager told me that she would have HR extend me the offer. I'm a little hesitant to post this news because I haven't heard from HR yet since she told me that. The hours are so much better, 8 to 4:30, Mon thru Fri, every 10th weekend on call, and 1 holiday a year. This will be so much better for Abby and I. We will have a set schedule and be able to sleep at home each night. I won't have to worry about dragging her out of bed at dawn since I start an hr later. Should also make my daycare options larger. The best thing is that I will be able to take care of myself now too. Working the long hours left very little time for me and I have suffered as a result but now things should be better. I will miss my ICU job (I have been there 15 years) but it all comes down to what is best for Abby. My ICU manager is letting me stay on the ICU schedule as labor pool so I won't be gone completely.
Little one is up from her nap now :) Look for my catch up posts and pictures soon. Good Times :)

10 comments:

Anne said...

Congrats on the new job!
PS: I'm already having to wrestle Elizabeth into her PJs:)

Kim said...

Happy 19 months.. And I am glad you found a position that agrees with you and Abby..
LOVE the pictures..
Can't wait for the catch up pictures..
HUGS..

Sherry Mc said...

It's an Abby suite! Anyone else that needs to stay there has to ask her first!! Missed you guys. xo Mom

Anonymous said...

Yay on the new job!!!! I hope this means we'll all get to hang out more often since it will be way easier to coordinate our schedules now! :)

I'm really, really happy for both of you.

And I can't believe she's 19 months already. Time is moving at ward speed now that we have our girls. They're growing up way too fast.

Lindsay said...

Cute photos! Congrats on the new job - hope you get the confirmation soon.

daisy said...

congrats on the new job and courage , it is hard to leave a place you love, but the hours definitely will be great. Your cousin Daniel was always so hyped after bath too, nothing relaxing about it! As he aged, he quickly figured showers were his wake up in the am Love, "OL"

Anonymous said...

Jenny,
Congrats on the new postition- I know it's hard with the 12 hour shifts, and you need to do what's best for you and Abby (like I told you before)- I'm so happy for ya'll! I'm gonna miss you though- and all the cute Abby stories!
Love,
Mandy

Shannon said...

One jumpin' love bean! Laughed when you wrote she thinks it's partytime when she gets to sleep in your bed!
Fingers and toes crossed that the job comes thru. What a great opportunity to get into a routine that's best for you and A. Let's meet soon. On a not so hot and smokey day!

RamblingMother said...

congrats on the new job. she is adorable playing on the bed.

Anonymous said...

Hello Jen and Sister Abby from Jasper, Alberta, Canada! I hopped on an computer at an internet cafe so I thought I'd say hello...and let you know we are missing you guys terribly...I love the new pictures! Keep 'em coming! :)
Talk to you soon!
Love-
-jen and jain