Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Gymbucks 101

Yesterday I had my first experience with Gymbucks. I wasn't exactly sure how they worked but I forgot to use mine last time around so I headed out to the mall ready to spend my 75 bucks worth of Gymbucks. For those of you who don't have a Gymboree basically a couple times a year Gymboree will give you 25 Gymbucks for every 50 dollars you spend. Then a couple times a year at specially designated times you can use them. Anyhoo..... I go into the store and ask the clerks how to go about using my Gymbucks. Turns out I have to spend 50 bucks at Gymboree before I can use my Gymbucks. Also turns out that past Gymbucks can not be used at a later date cause they expire. (Bummer!) So in my opinion this is really not that great a deal unless you are planning on buying a lot of clothes at Gymboree anyway. Basically I spent 100 bucks to get 50 bucks of free stuff that I really did not need in the first place. That said though and I have to say that I really love this line and I'm glad I was able to score some items from it.


10 comments:

Deb said...

Such darling stuff! I think I best stay away from Gymboree for a while. I think I could get myself into some deep retail therapy with those cute leopard print outfits! You are going to have a ball dressing Abby!!

RoLo said...

Very cool, we dont have a gymboree in our city:(

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Cool outfits, love Gymboree but don't have one where we are.

Joannah said...

I love Gymboree. I think they are way overpriced, but they are great quality and super cute! Abby will be adorable in her Gymboree clothes.

Stephe said...

I adore Gymboree but it's a little to pricy for me. I however, have friends that love Gymboree and their little ones have almost out grown them. Good deal for me. I am thinking that I have to find away to get the Panda Sweater that they just had. That was just too cute! : )

Eliza2006 said...

I have to stay away from Gymboree. The Gymbucks get me every time. I am a marketers dream! I'm now obessessed with Hanna Andersson (unfortunately, because it costs a fortune...makes Gymboree seem like a steal!)

Tiffany

Deb said...

Very cool new digs. Happy b'lated 22 months down. Soon.....soon.

4D said...

It is a bit of a crock but they have the nicest clothes there!

Keep smilin!

Kim said...

VERY CUTE!!!!
Got to love shopping..
Kim

Donna said...

I made a major investment in the Glamour Kitty line during GBR as well...Emma looks so good in red and she loves the kitty stuff!